Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday's Awesome Five

In just a short few days I'll be beach-bummin on my first ever jaunt to Hawaii, so pardon me if this five is a bit sun-soaked. PARDON ME, Lush Scouts!!

1. Courtney Barnett is a girl who surely knows a thing or two about sunshine--she's a new singer-songwriter from down undah! A recent discovery for me, this aussie's new single 'Avant Gardener' is guaranteed to get you chilling on your front lawn. She reminds me of Ty Segall or Kurt Vile in a way, with her psychedelic almost country sound.


1. The neon-coral Scallop Crop Vest (is that British for tank top?) is going to look so so good with my favorite pair of high-waist skinnies! It's leaving me yearning for that first day of spring where you can whip off your jacket and dance in the streets--but for now this bright and sunny top will have to do. From Topshop


3. I found this tasty sounding Candied Grapefruit Cocktail on pinterest this week, and it's kinda hard to tell if it's a cocktail or a cooking project... For people like us, that's a good thing! From Tablespoon


4. Every time that I forget and re-remember that indoor citrus trees are possible, my day is brightened! That happened today, and I spent a good amount of time learning more about how easy it is to keep a lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, or whatever tree thriving in your favorite sunny window. I have only dim windows (apartment livin'... sigh), so I'll keep this on my list for my next move!



5. Another Topshop item I want need! Summer is the best time for big purses, so that you can have everything from your current book, a bathing suit, a jar of wine, a frisbee, to an emergency cardigan (should night unexpectedly fall). From Topshop


We'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow,
-gu

No comments:

Post a Comment