Monday, June 10, 2013

Heavy Rotation

I don't know if it's the post-grad angst or a desire to be done with all this bouncy-yet-mellow electronic indie music that seems to be all over these days, but I have found myself immersed in pop-punk and all its many friends lately. That's not to say I don't love a good bit of electronic, especially with a good dose of Pharrell (if you know what I mean). I don't think you'd know it if you saw me, but apparently I'm all angst and the only cure is more pop-punk! More guitars! More high-tempo choruses! More yelling! More rock! So here's some good ol-fashioned fun rock music for your ears:

Half Glass Full of Wine -Tame Impala




European Vegas -Mac Demarco This video is definitely my favorite, but he has a lot of really properly trippy and cool videos that are a good way to spend a good half hour on youtube. I recently got turned onto Mac Demarco and he is one weird Canadian dude. For an equally good but slightly more feel-good song go for Cooking Up Something Good or Baby's Wearing Blue Jeans. Know around gu's house as "weirdly hot."




Future Starts Slow -The Kills




Dollar Chills -DZ Deathrays




Lost -Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra




The House That Heaven Built -Japandroids




The Monkey Versus The Robot -Piebald 



Good luck quitting these songs, scouties.

I know you by heart,

gu

No comments:

Post a Comment