Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Heavy Rotation

Good evening Scouts! I'm coming to you live from my bed, injured, as I have been all week. It's a sad existence to have a reason to not go to work (my poor messed-up back), and yet be completely unable to do anything interesting (I can barely get across my apartment). It does mean, however, that I've lots of time to listen to music and read, so this week's heavy rotation came to me easily. It really runs the gamut this week, from morose, chilled-out Beck (does anyone else feel like they've been waiting a lonnnng time for a follow up to Sea Change?), twangy Shovels and Rope, absolutely fabulous Sharon Jones (I love her dress in this video), and girl-punk Tweens. And please forgive me for the two songs that also appeared on the Grammys. I SWEAR I HAD THEM ON THIS LIST BEFORE THE GRAMMYS.

1. Be Mean - Tweens




2. Blue Moon - Beck



3. Bad Luck - Shovels and Rope



4. Stranger to My Happiness - Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings



5. Glad - The Wood Brothers



6. Queenie Eye - Paul McCartney



7. Drunk in Love - Beyoncé



your sweetness is killing me,
cait

No comments:

Post a Comment