Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Gu Records!

Now don't be fooled here--most of these are not new to the actual music world. More accurately, I gots me a Crosley Turntable in the fall and got to stock up on records! I bought the record player in this olive/pea/avocado green color against Cait's serious insistence--she repeatedly warned me that it would arrive looking much less like a classy avocado and much more like a gross pea soup than I was expecting. I'm sticking with classy avocado--I love my little record player!

Here are my favorites that I've picked up so far, in no particular order:

Celebration Rock - Japandroids
The vinyl is white!! I am so so so happy I got this one, I listen to this whole album in one form or another about once a week. 




Bitter Rivals - Sleigh Bells
The vinyl is clear! SO cool. If there were a better vid to post I'd give you my other favs off the album: Sing Like a Wire and Young Legends.



Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes



Save The Music: Record Store Day 12" #1 - Shawn Lee
A legendary discovery by my boyfriend on a lazy morning at the record store around the corner, AND the vinyl is orange! This song by AM & Shawn Lee was on repeat for weeks:



Cripple Crow - Devendra Banhart
Very first record I bought! Devendra's been with me since my Monica & Hallie & Ben days, and he's staying with me.



Fuckin' A - The Thermals
I hope you  guys care what color half of my records are.. this one's see-through blue! 



Daughter of Cloud - Of Montreal
Where to begin with Of Montreal? I got my weird on to Of Montreal consistently from high school all the way through college (that's a long time!!), and I think their happy-bouncy-strange-but-who-cares music describes me through those 8 years really well. Then out of the blue a couple months ago my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to their show and it was the CRAZIEST experience--I couldn't stop laughing and thinking how some things never change, and thank goodness. Then the darling BF gave me this album on vinyl for my birthday, and the renaissance continues. Much more mellow than what you'd normally think of, and you have to listen to Feminine Effects off of the album too, but I love this song:



Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel



Crosby Stills & Nash - Crosby Stills & Nash
A favorite for two main reasons. 1. Suite, Judy Blue Eyes, and 2. This photo in the centerfold:



Wings Greatest - Wings




The party's crashing us now,

gu

No comments:

Post a Comment