Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday's Awesome Five

1. Devendra Banhart--well-known for being my spirit animal, the former hubby of Natalie Portman, and an amazing psychadelic folk star--put out a new album this week! I had no idea it was coming, so what if I don't keep up on music that well?! Mala came out on Tuesday, and definitely does not disappoint. I think that this AV Club article hits the nail on the head, this time Devendra gave us a nice combination of his humorous lyrics and beautiful dreamy songs. My personal favorite is "Your Fine Petting Duck," a teasingly sweet-yet-sour duet that even ends with a sexy little electronic riff that I definitely didn't see coming. You can listen to the whole album on NPR's First Listen, or just loop it constantly at work via spotify (guilty!). And last but not least, you can swoon over Devendra holding a dog here:



2. Homemade brown sugar is a thing?! A customer I spoke to at work today casually mentioned that she makes her own and she blew my mind! This is going on my to-do list for sure. Bakergirl has a super do-able looking recipe for it, if two ingredients even count as a recipe, and I am very excited to give it a try. Guess I'll just have to bake a ton to get rid of all the sugar I have now... Oh well! ;)
How to Make Homemade Brown Sugar



3. Maybe partying will help. Makes sense to me, lush scouts, maaaakes sense to me. From my fav streetwear site PLNDR.com. Is it summer yet?



4. GOT MY TAX RETURN!!!


5. More new music?! That's right, the next single from She & Him just dropped, from their upcoming Volume III. Not sure where they get off never coming up with new album names, but its really really hard to stay mad at them.


Love you're a strange fella,
gu

No comments:

Post a Comment