Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday's Awesome Five

Hola Lush Scouts! After a slightly less horrifying than usual week at work (because it included free mexican food and margaritas), I'm here with the Friday five.

1.  The most exciting development of my week is MY BED! I finally bought a bed. I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor which is fine, but it is difficult to go from dead asleep on the floor to completely upright at five in the morning, which is why this is so great. I bought the cheaper bed below from IKEA (obvi) and have plans with a bookshelf to make myself a fake alcove bed.


2. I've been on a bit of a summer-wardrobe-buying-spree because it is getting so so nice here in Tacoma and also because I had a 3 week paycheck this week. One of my favorite purchases is this triangle necklace from Forever 21. I've been obsessed with pennants and bunting for a while so finding this necklace was perfect!



3. To continue with the theme of my spring wardrobe, I've been completely obsessed with this dress for a while now, so I finally bought it, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it will fit when it arrives. (lord knows modcloth plus sizing is super inconsistent). I also got a couple of other things.



4. You may not know this about me, but I really really really like dogs. A lot. I would rather spend my time online on Petfinder than trying to online date. I basically make all of my life choices around what will let me get a dog sooner. Right now, being out of the house for 12 hours every day and basically making a pittance is putting a serious damper on my dog-having abilities, but that doesn't stop me from looking and pining and following basically every local rescue group on Facebook. I am currently really interested in Salty Dog Rescue here in Seattle. They rescue Formosan Mountain Dogs from Taiwan and bring them stateside to enjoy much more lush lives. They do great work and these particular dogs are apparently really loyal and affectionate and socially awkward, which pretty much sounds like me in dog form. They're also pretty small without being little dogs and they have the most adorable ears known to man. I cannot wait until I can adopt! Look at this sweet baby below, brought in on their most recent transport. You can check them out at their website above and definitely follow them on Facebook!



5. Gu and I are having an egg dying party. Sadly it isn't going to be as fancy as this INCREDIBLE one  from Real Simple. I mean, I can't. I can't even. Seriously Real Simple. You need to stop right meow. But, there will be eggs. There will be dye. There will be joy. Keep your eyes open for pictures of the party later! I don't think they'll be as fancy as eggs I saw in Austria below, but a girl can dream.




Hakuna some vodka,
Cait



No comments:

Post a Comment