Saturday, March 30, 2013

Heavy Rotation

Lush Scouts, I have a confession to make: I tend towards becoming obsessed. Not in a creepy way, but all of a sudden, I'll just find a particular musical artist, actor, artist, writer so captivating that I basically can't stop listening/watching/reading for a few weeks.

I've always been a big fan of David Bowie, but with the release of his new album The Next Day (which is great, by the way) I have been listening non stop to every album he has released, which is why this particular Heavy Rotation is so Bowie-tastic.

Sorrow - David Bowie



Hazey Jane II - Nick Drake




Atlantic City - Allo Darlin'




Up The Hill Backwards - David Bowie




Weeping Mary - Elvis Perkins



 Footstompin' - David Bowie (I find this one to be a particular gem, as it is from an appearance/interview on the Dick Cavett show. Throughout the interview, Bowie is obviously high, clearly has terrible coke nose, and during the performances you can hear the toll that his drug-use was taking on his voice. I still think he sounds incredible though! There is also a very precious Bowie moment around 2:50 that I cannot get enough of.)



And nothing, nothing will tear us away,
Cait



No comments:

Post a Comment